Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloweenie

Seeing as the 28th was coincidentally both the Friday before Halloween and my 24th birthday, my generous sister took her husband, friend, and yours truly to Jazzbones, a nifty little nightclub that had a wonderful band doing a tribute to Thriller, the lead singer dressed as Mario from the Mario Brothers.


So, of course, there were costumes.

Remember awhile back when I was all, I'm going as this guy/gal?


Well, here you are:

"Oh, miiighty warrior of great fighting stock! Might I enquire to ask, what's up, Doc?"

As my sister says, just replace the dingy couch with a fat white horse, and it'd be perfect. Sadly, I decided at the last minute it would probably be abusive to dye my morbidly obese dog white, so I had to just go with the couch here.

Unfortunately, I had no noble Siegfried/Elmer Fudd to be my date, but I made do anyways. Here are some more shots, because I know you're dying to get the whole effect. Note that as awesome as my companions' costumes were (Sister as Amber Dempsey, Bro-in-Law as Dr. Nick Riviera, and Friend as Awesome Dead Chick), I'm unsure how comfortable they'd be with me plastering their pictures all over my blog, so I'll just crop to show my cross-dressing wabbit self:




I was right all along. Me as a blonde? Pretty terrifying.

This trippy shot of me at JB was taken after I inbibed in a little too much giggle juice, and decided it would be super sexy and Gildaish to pull off my Bugs glove with my teeth and hold it saucily over my head. Total win, right?

"Gahhhhh I'm a shuu...shu...shupershtarrrr!!!11!"

Sorry for the graininess and bluriness in a few of the pics, I hope that doesn't ruin your Halloween in any way, shape, or form. The costume components, so you can know for your own future Bugs/Brunhilde ensemble, are as follows: long gray/brown t-shirt, pink miniskirt, spangly gold bikini to serve as one's armor, pink eyeshadow, bunny slippers (that look like actual bunny feet), long, braidable blonde wig, viking helmet, and a kind father willing to make cardboard orange wings for you. Duct tape is also key. And at the end of the night? Nobody born after 1957 or who isn't a cartoon geek will know who the hell you are. And isn't that what Halloween is all about?

"Oh, Bwunhilde, you'we so wuvwey."
"Yes, I know it. I can't help it."

SPIKE
What\'s Opera Doc?
www.spike.com
Spike Full EpisodesSpike Video ClipsSpike on Facebook

Happy Last Day of October, starshines.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! You look amazing! Definitely a costume to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rachel! My only regret is that I didn't make my bunny nose more prominent. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By happenstance, there was an Elmer Fudd viking at a party I went to this weekend, complete with speaw an magic helmet. Clearly, great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vulnavia, I'm sure that very Elmer and I telekinetically bonded through the void. Cuz, y'know, it was close to Halloween and stuff, and that's the sorta junk that goes down this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I deeply appreciate you not posting pictures of me. And I even deeplier appreciate you posting pictures of your costume, which was a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. D'aww, thank you, sis! Though you had an absolutely tooth-filled mouth as Amber Dempsey, so there's no need for reticence on your part.

    ReplyDelete